Sunday, June 12th 2016
Check back for updates on springs-related meetings and events. Also sign up for the Springs email list for special announcements.
Use the calendar in the right column to change the date.
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Wildlife Ranger Camp (10, 11, and 12 year olds)
Runs through Wednesday, June 15th, 2016
Time & Place
9:00 AM June 11 - 2:00 PM EDT June 15
Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ; 4150 S. Suncoast Blvd. (US 19); Homosassa, FL 34446
$75.00 registration fee includes regular park admission, a t-shirt and supplies.
The Wildlife Ranger Camp program is held at Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park. Camp topics include learning about Florida's wildlife, preserving natural resources, and wildlife habitats. Indoor and outdoor activities are included. The program is limited to 20 campers. The June Wildlife Ranger Camp is for children ages 10, 11, and 12 year olds. The camp hours are from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm each day.
The Wildlife Ranger Camp takes place in the Wildlife Park. The June camp is for 8 and 9 year olds.
In order to participate in this program, one:
* Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instruction independently or with the assistance of a companion
* Must have the ability to board and disembark from the tram independently or with the assistance of a companion
* Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors (including Florida's climate extremes) for a period of at least 2 hours per day
* Must have the ability to withstand periods of full exposure to the sun
* Must have the ability to withstand exposure to very high humidity for extended periods of time
* Must have the ability to move quickly to a place of shelter if necessary either independently or with the assistance of a companion
* Must be able to traverse uneven grassy terrain either independently or with the assistance of a companion
Find Related Info: