Wednesday, September 28th 2011
Check back for updates on springs-related meetings and events. Also sign up for the Springs email list for special announcements.
Use the calendar in the right column to change the date.
Wednesday, September 28th, 2011
Volusia Blue Spring working group meeting
Runs through Wednesday, September 28th, 2011
Time & Place
10:00 - 3:00
Blue Spring State Park in west Volusia County
The Blue Spring Working Group is a public forum to learn about why this spring is valued, to understand how Blue Spring is degrading, and to work together to assure that ample clean water flows to Blue Spring, supporting healthy habitats for fish and wildlife.
At our next meeting, we will learn about and discuss:
- Springs protection and the origin and framework of Florida’s water management system
- Rotary Club’s new “Wekiva River Promise”: a model for Blue Spring
- Constructed wetlands to reduce nitrate leaching from wastewater to groundwater
- Rainfall effects on flow in Blue Spring
- Strategies to restore higher water flow in Blue Spring
Join us after the meeting for a for a guided walk along Blue Spring runfrom 3:15-4:00!
Carol Lippincott | 352-377-8693 | Email
Find Related Info: